Refractory LININGS play a crucial role in the aluminium industry. These materials are essential to ensure the efficiency, safety and longevity of equipment used in the production and processing of aluminium.
ENTER YOUR DETAILS TO RECEIVE
THE CATALOGUE IN YOUR EMAIL.
Download our references in the Aluminium industry
The role of refractory linings in this industry is detailed below:
- High temperature protection: Aluminium production involves processes that operate at high temperatures, such as the smelting of bauxite to produce primary aluminium. Refractory linings protect structures and equipment from these high temperatures, preventing premature deterioration.
- Thermal shock resistance: During aluminium production, equipment can experience sudden changes in temperature. Refractories must be able to withstand these changes without losing their properties.
- Corrosion protection: Melted aluminium and its alloys can be corrosive to many materials. Refractory linings protect furnace walls and other equipment from corrosive attack by liquid aluminium and gases produced during melting.
- Thermal insulation: Refractories provide essential thermal insulation, which helps keep heat inside the kilns and reduces energy loss. This is crucial for energy efficiency and cost reduction in your production.
- Pollution control: Refractories minimise the production of undesirable contaminants in molten aluminium, thus ensuring the purity of the metal.
- Equipment longevity: Refractories extend the life of furnaces and other equipment used in the aluminium industry by protecting equipment from high temperatures, corrosion and other factors.
- Safety: By preventing equipment deterioration and providing effective insulation, refractories also play an important role in the safety of operations.